Valuations are provided for a wide range of purposes. Market valuations are needed for a number of reasons:-
- For the possible sale or letting of a property.
- For Probate purposes – it is necessary to place a value on both landed properties and, in a farming situation, live and dead stock, when a solicitor makes an application for Probate after the death of an owner.
- Matrimonial – valuations are often required when a marriage unfortunately breaks up. This may be either as an expert witness report to the Court or for an individual or solicitor to assist in negotiations between the parties.
- Taxation – often produces a need for valuation whether it is for Inheritance Tax (see above under Probate), Capital Gains Tax where an historic valuation may also be required, Stamp Duty Land Tax where there is a transfer by way of gift. We increasingly supply valuations for tax planning purposes to solicitors and accountants.
- We are on the panels of some of the major banks and provide valuations for secured lending purposes. These valuations can also be supplied independently for production to various lending agencies.
Valuations are provided, where appropriate, within the requirements of the RICS Red Book and all Partners are RICS Registered Valuers.