Tenancy Matters

We have particular skills in relation to agricultural tenancies, whether they are under the Agricultural Holdings Act 1986 or the Agricultural Tenancies Act 1995.  The two Acts are similar in some respects but differ greatly in others. We provide advice to both landlords and tenants on the content of tenancy agreements on first letting, various matters which occur during the course of a tenancy and also matters at termination.  We undertake tenant right valuations at the commencement and termination of tenancies.

We also deal with other methods of holding land in the rural sector and can provide and advise on grazing agreements, licences and documents for the land to be contract farmed.

The ownership of Single Farm Payments and the ability to claim both these and agro environmental schemes is important and taken into effect within all agreements.

All Partners and professional staff are members of both the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and the Association of Agricultural Valuers, providing a sound base for advice on these matters.


The right to claim compensation usually arises when new public infrastructure works are built.
Read more…

Hinson Parry Members of:

  • RICS — The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
  • NFU — National Farmers' Union